It is really important to us that parents get involved with their children’s training. We enjoy getting to know you at training nights and race days, and in fact we rely on a number of parents giving their support to training nights or club champs races, especially when we are training on the fell.
Any parent or responsible adult wishing to support the club by accompanying the children during training nights is very welcome and we are sure to find some jobs for you, whether trotting at the back of the group, acting as marker-posts for relays, supporting small groups in their drills and skills or refilling the juice at the end of training.
Coaches & run leaders
Ambleside AC Juniors currently has the following qualified volunteer coaches and run leaders. In addition to their running qualifications, there is a huge range of experience amongst the whole team, with teachers, fitness trainers, and outdoor instructors.
Coaches & Run Leaders
- Richard Lecky-Thompson – UKA Fell and Mountain Event Specialist
- Michelle Foxwell – Level 1 UKA/FRA coach (Fell & Mountain Running)
- Paula Bowen – Fell LiRF (Leader in Running Fitness), UKA CA
- Libby Dixon – Fell LiRF (Leader in Running Fitness), UKA CA
- Mark Taylor – LiRF (Leader in Running Fitness)
- Sarah Hodgson-Jones – LiRF (Leader in Running Fitness)
- Kingsley Jones – Fell LiRF (Leader in Running Fitness), UKA CA
We are always on the look out for training up new coaches and run leaders (it won’t cost you a penny), and we rely on it to be able to provide good ratio running groups following England Athletics guidelines and club risk assessments. If you want to find out more, please contact Paula (e-mail below). It’s a great way to give back something to the local community, and support our amazing club juniors!
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welfare Officer: Paula Bowen email@example.com